Friday, April 26, 2013

FEAST



If you don't know me, let me just tell you -- I. LOVE. FOOD.

A couple friends and I wanted to try out a Mediterranean restaurant last night that was supposed to compare/live up to my absolute favorite restaurant, Open Sesame. We went to a restaurant called Magic Lamp.

We started our meal off with a Strawberry Mimosa for $5 on Happy Hour....you can't go wrong with champagne!



We ordered the Spicy Humus (above) and the Batata Harra (Spicy Potatoes) for our appetizers.  The Spicy Potatoes were amazing...a bit soaked too much in the juice, but amazing nonetheless.  

On the other hand, their Spicy Humus was the biggest disappointment.  It did not taste like the consistency of hummus at all -- it was too creamy of a texture and didn't have a great flavor.  It actually wasn't even spicy! I was quite sad about the spicy humus, since I am a hummus lover!



For my main entree, I ordered the Chicken Tawook (kabobs) - above.  The chicken was nice and tender, and their garlic sauce was great as well.  The dish came with spicy hummus -- how disappointing.  The salad was a little lacking with the dressing, but the croutons on top were to die for!  Sadly, the mediterranean pickles and pickled radish was very soggy -- and the pickle is usually one of my favorite parts about coming to a Mediterranean restaurant.

Overall, I would say the chicken tawook kabobs were the best part of everything I had.  I unfortunately still love Open Sesame much much more.  Nothing has compared.

2 comments:

  1. The Chicken Tawook looks so yummy! I don't really like dressing on salads so it sounds perfect for me, wish I could visit the restaurant!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Please vote for me in the Company blog awards, best fashion - newcomer

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks so yummy. i really want some right now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete