Friday, May 17, 2013

MAY BIRCHBOX VS. GLAMBAG



Like almost any makeup-obsessed girl, I have two monthly beauty box/bag subscriptions...the IPSY Glam Bag and the Birchbox.  Both subscriptions cost about $10 per month, which is a steal when you hit the jackpot with great products.  A few days ago, both of the May packages arrived in the mail.  It was like Christmas!  



The May Glam Bag came with a tribal zig-zag aqua/orange bag -- nice and light and perfect for your purse. 









The Glam Bag also came with a full-sized darker pink/red MIRABELLA lipstick, a honey concealer, a bottle of NUME Finishing Serum, and a HUGE Pacifica Island Vanilla Roll-On perfume.  I have seen a lot of review of NUME hair styling tools, so I'm excited to try the finishing serum!  Also, I'm really satisfied with the size of the perfume sample...that would cost about $20 at Sephora.



The last product in the Glam Bag was a full-size nail polish from ZOYA.  The color I received was a light beige/champagne color.  I tried this nail polish yesterday, and was sadly disappointed.  I was glad that the color was more opaque than transparent, but the nail polish formula is not up to par.  The finish left streaks!  I painted another nail with an Essie polish, and another with a NYX polish, and both were smooth and shiny.  This ZOYA nail polish was very disappointing.










Next up was the BIRCHBOX!  In my May Birchbox, I received a bottle of Kerastase Shampoo for color-treated hair, which applies to me, so I'm excited about that product.  The box also came with a cute teal Pilot pen,  a waterproof CARGO blush (last pic), a VERY small sample of Coola sunscreen, and an even smaller sample bottle of Folle de Joie eau de parfum.

Overall, I was very disappointed in the Birchbox products.  The samples were extremely small compared to the Glam Bag.  Although - I do prefer the scent of the perfume in the Birchbox over the large perfume from the Glam Bag, the size really does make a difference.  The Glam Bag had the perfect mix of makeup and hair products.

If I had to choose one....I'd choose the IPSY Glam Bag!!


Do you subscribe to any monthly beauty boxes?

6 comments:

  1. WOW! The contents of your Glambag is pretty amazing! I love the nail polish colour, it's gorgeous. I've never tried any of the Zoya polishes before. I also love the idea of the NuMe finishing product too! xxx
    Gemma | ♥ International MAC RiRi Woo giveway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! The color is gorgeous...just sad it didn't go on smoothly.
      Yessss...I can't wait to try it!! :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, yeah the Glambag is uh-mazing! Birchbox didn't didn't do so well there. Actually retty jel you got the Zoya Nail Polish, it's also a pretty colour! Very fitting for this season even if the sun has made another one it's classic disappearing acts!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glam Bag was perfect this time!!! Haha your'e so right....hopefully the sun will stay out and make us all happy!

      Delete
  3. i can't get both boxes where i live. i had the glossybox for a few months but somehow i didn' like what i got...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww man :( I'm so jealous that you have the option of getting the glossybox...Bummer that it wasn't good when you had it :/

      Hopefully they'll step up their game!

      Delete