Friday, May 31, 2013

MAKEUP OF THE DAY


Here's the aftermath of doing my makeup this morning.

I went for the REVLON Colorstay Whipped Foundation as my base.....that is definitely my go-to everyday makeup foundation.  

For concealer, I mixed both the Loreal Tru Match Concealer and the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer for under my eyes. I used my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus to set my concealer and the foundation. 

To prime my eyelids, I used the Too Faced Shadow Insurance...a staple that should be in everyone's makeup collection.  I went for a neutral eye, using the Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette and the NAKED Basics Palette.  You can never go wrong with those neutral shadows.  I went for a cat eye, using my e.l.f. Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner.  The eyeliner is only $3, and it is a hidden gem.

For mascara, I went with Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal....and curled my lashes of course.  Curling your lashes makes such a huge difference -- it really opens up your eyes!

For my brows, I tried out my new N.Y.X. Eyebrow Pencil and Brush -- I normally stick to a powder for my eyebrows, and after using the pencil, I was a bit disappointed.  I think I just got too dark of a shade, so I'm not ruling out eyebrow pencils all together.  

For blush, I mixed my MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle with my e.l.f. Baked Blush in (I forgot the name!) a light pink/coral shade.  I applied the blush with my new MAC Duo Fiber Brush....and I love the soft effect!  I used my Pixi highlighter to add some brightness to my face as well....and I set my makeup with my MAC Fix+.  

I would highly recommend MAC Fix+ to set your makeup, and even for underneath your makeup.  It is useful, and the large bottle is about $22.

And finally for my lips: I used my new Rimmel London Lipstick in Pink Chic, and topped it with a NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige (my favorite).


I hope everyone's having a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Blog!
    Check out my blog?
    http://kellyanngonsalves.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lots of nice make up products! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Watching lots of Youtube videos and reading tons of blogs makes me spend all of my money on makeup products!

      Delete
  3. Awesome products, I'm in LOVE with the NYX lipgloss in beige! I was just wondering, but how is the Dream Lumi Touch Concealer that you use for under your eyes. I have pretty tired looking eyes and I was just wondering if it will give my under eyes full coverage.

    http://classicboudoir.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best color!! And the lip gloss smells so good too!!

      Hmm....I'd say the Loreal True Match concealer is not the most full-coverage. It definitely helps with dark circles, but it's not full coverage.

      Delete