Friday, June 28, 2013

FAVORITE DRUGSTORE FOUNDATIONS


I am a lover of drugstore makeup -- and drugstore foundations are hands-down worth every single penny!  I tend to buy my drugstore makeup at Target, since it is always the cheapest compared to stores like CVS or Walgreens.

My three all time favorite drugstore foundations are:
1. REVLON Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup
2. RIMMEL LONDON Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Sunscreen Foundation
3. LOREAL PARIS True Match Super-Blendable Make-Up





REVLON Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup
My shade: Nude 220
This is the first of any whipped foundations I have tried.  It comes in such beautiful packaging -- the glass container is large and very good quality.  The foundation claims to last for 24 hours....I don't think anyone I know wears their makeup for 24 hours straight, so I can't tell you if that's true or not.

But I can say that this foundation literally lasts all day long.  I usually prime it with my Sephora Smoothing Primer, and set the foundation with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural -- and it stays on all day.  It doesn't even get oily in my T-Zone which is a huge plus.  The foundation has a satin finish and looks flawless.  It is so worth it for $11.99 at Target.




RIMMEL LONDON Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Sunscreen Foundation
My shade: Light Nude 102
I tried this foundation about six months ago and haven't been able to stop using it.  The formula is great and leaves your face looking smooth, with a little bit of a dewey finish.  The foundation itself has an SPF of 18, which is always good to have.  Along with a SPF moisturizer, your face is covered.  I'd say this is a medium-coverage foundation, because my freckles still peek through.  One thing I especially love about this foundation is that you get so much for the money!  It is only $4.97 at Walmart (such a steal) and you get quite a lot of foundation in the bottle.  Another bonus: it smells great!! Don't worry...it's not an overly fragrant foundation, but you get a beautiful scent when you apply it.  It just puts a smile on my face :)



LOREAL PARIS True Match Super-Blendable Make-Up
My shade: Nude Beige W3 (warm)
I have been using the True Match foundation for years!  I definitely think it is a foundation that should be in everyone's collection.  NOt only does Loreal have a plethora of shades to choose from (from warm to neutral to cold), the formula is to die for.  This foundation has an SPF of 17, so it is a great added bonus to protecting your face from harm. It claims to be "oil free" and "all day wear."  From my experience, the shades in this line are great for matching your face.  The finish is satin to dewy, again.  But I must say, towards the end of the day, my face does get a little oily.  I don't mind bringing around my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in my purse, but just so you know.  I highly recommend this line of foundation to every one -- no matter what your skin type is.  It is about $7.99 at Target.

xx

What are your favorite drugstore foundations?!  Have you tried any of these?!

Follow me on Bloglovin <3

14 comments:

  1. I didn't try anyone of that ones but I purchased ones from Rimmel and L'oreal some time ago and I didn't like the results !
    I heard talk very well about Revlon but I never tried !
    I think that I will give a new try when mine overs !
    xo

    www.chicreaction.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bummer about not liking those. But yes -- I highly recommend trying that Whipped foundation...it's surprisingly smooth and a great formula! :)

      Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  2. L'Oreal True Match is my absolute favorite! I included it in my makeup must haves also :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy!! I love how smooth it leaves your skin. And there are so many shades to choose from!!
      <3

      Delete
  3. i tend to also buy most of my drugstore makeup from tarjay.

    btw just snooped around your blog and love it. just gained a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooo for Target! Hahaha Tarjay :)
      Awwwwwwwww yayyyyyy that makes me so happy! Thank you for following!

      Delete
  4. ohh great reviews!! will definitely have to try out some of your drugstore foundation picks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You should! Nice and cheap, but worth while

      Delete
  5. I was hesitant to get the whipped foundation but now I'm just regretting not getting it!

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should still try it out!!!

      Delete
  6. love your blog new follower xoxoxo


    http://hollysbeautyobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried any of these! I think I will pick up the Revlon whipped next time I'm at Wally! Great review!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes!! Of all three, I'd say pick that one up for sure!!
      Thank you :)))

      Delete