Wednesday, June 26, 2013

FAVORITE MAKEUP BRUSHES


I am a fan of all different brands of makeup brushes.  I don't mind using cheap brushes...sometimes they work the best!  For me, if the brush does its job, I'm going to use it.

My favorite makeup-brushes of all time are from four different brands, surprisingly.

1. Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki
2. Target's Up & Up Crease Brush
3. Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush
4. Bare Escentuals Brush for Bronzer






The Sigma F80 brush is THE perfect brush for applying liquid or whipped foundation.  Hands down, it is the best brush I own.  The brush is very compactly packed with brush hairs, so it's stiff enough, but it is SO soft on the face.  It leaves your foundation blended so smoothly on your face without streaks.  It is $18 at Sigma Beauty.

The Crease Brush from Up & Up, Target's general brand, is something I use EVERY time I put on eyeshadow.  It's great to use for applying eyeshadow all over your lid, adding a softer shadow in the crease, and for blending.  It does everything!! It is only about $1-3 at Target.

The Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush is so beautiful, right?! That purple shade is gorgeous to just stare at.  The shadow brush makes it so easy to pack on color on your lid.  The bristles are quite soft, and it's extremely easy to clean. I purchased this at Ulta in the Travel Essentuals Kit.  It comes with the foundation brush, this shadow brush, and the multi-task brush.  I REALLY didn't like the foundation brush.  It literally hurts when I use it on my face -- I think the hairs are too hard, and when I applied my liquid foundation with it, I had to use so much more foundation because the brush just ate it all up!  So if anything, get the Domed Shadow Brush alone :)  The entire kit is about $18 at ULTA.

Last is the Bare Escentuals brush.  I got this brush from a bronzer kit I got from Sephora.  I use this every single day for applying bronzer to contour my cheeks and forehead.  It has coarse brown bristles, and has almost a U-shape.  It is the most random brush, since it came with a bronzer in a kit, but it has become so useful!  It makes it so easy to get a great contour on your cheek.  I don't think you can purchase it alone, but if anything, check out the Bare Minerals collection at Sephora.  

xx


What are your favorite brushes?!


Follow me on Bloglovin!

32 comments:

  1. great selection! my favourite are the RT but never tried sigma yet... they are on my wishlist :)

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should try them out..especially that F80 brush if you like liquid foundation!

      Delete
  2. Great post. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    Want to follow each other? Bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you!! Yes...I would love that!
      I'm following you :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I want to try these!

    xoxo, New Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that RT brush :) My favorite brushes are MAC 217 and RT blush brush :)

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to check those two out when I go to the MAC store...and ULTA.
      I want more!!!

      Delete
  5. great post I Just love sigma brushes :)
    Visit my blog and hope you like it and follow me http://top4addictions.com. I follow you already :)
    Love
    Mile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigma's F80 is incredible! I use it everyday for my liquid foundation :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Awww yeah it's always nice to change it up!

      Delete
  8. Cool stuff! You have a great brushes collection!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oOoOo I'm in the market for a new brush or two will have to look into these! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Sigma is such a great brand of brushes...and they always have that 10% off code somewhere!
      Yayyyyyy hugs to you too!!!!

      Delete
  10. These all look like really great brushes and I appreciate your review of them. I actually use the ecotools brushes found at drugstores. They are fairly inexpensive and I find that they work really well.

    Jo

    Peonies and American Honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Aww I love ecotools brushes too!!! I have a foundation brush of theirs....amazing!!
      I definitely agree -- thanks :)

      Delete
  11. ohh that last brush looks so cool! havent seen one shaped that way before! x

    & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! So weird-looking!!! But I feel like I'll never be able to buy it!!

      Delete
  12. I really want to try the sigma brushes some day <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the sigma brushes! Still trying to see where I can get the RT brushes where I live! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy me too!
      Aww...Hopefully they'll be more available soon enough

      Delete
  14. I think I must not be very experimental when it comes to make-up brushes... all the ones I have are from MAC. The Bare Escentuals brush does sound pretty fabulous, I must say, and I've always been intrigued by their products, I may just have to pick up their bronzer kit!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they really?! Dang...you are a high-end brush kind of a girl haha. Doesn't it!! I definitely think cheaper brushes are sometimes better than the expensive ones.

      :)

      Delete
  15. These look amazing. I really need to try Sigma brushes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! You definitely do....they're worth a try. You'll be addicted haha

      Delete
  16. New follower! :) My favorite brushes that I recently got are the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for applying liquid and cream foundation and bb creams and their Blush Brush! I would like to get more Real Technique brushes in the future, probably their starter kit. You are so gorgeous by the way! :)

    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for following...that makes my day!
      The Real Techniques brushes are amazing, right?! Is that Blush Brush good?! I'm interested in buying more of their brushes.

      And thank you!!! You are too sweet :)

      Delete