Wednesday, June 19, 2013

JUNE BIRCHBOX VS. GLAMBAG

It's that time again.....time to compare the monthly beauty subscription boxes. Once again, the Glambag blew me away this month.  But surprisingly, the Birchbox was full of some pretty great surprises. 



First up was the June ipsy Glam Bag.  Once I opened up the package of pink bubblewrap, I was pleasantly surprised to see a leopard print bag...with a beautiful yellow neon zipper.  I think they won me over right then and there.


Inside my ipsy Glam Bag this month was a full-size Cailyn Black Gel Eyeliner.  It came in such a unique container...with a brush hidden in the handle!  Next up was a full-size NYX Blush in Sand.  It's a very bronze blush with a bit of gold shimmer.  It looks more like a bronzer to me.  Also in my bag was a full-size J.Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette.  

I also got a full-size Chella Highlighter Pencil in Ivory Lace, as well as a full-size Starlooks Lip Pencil in Bare.

Hands down, Glam Bag wins me over every time for the wide selection, as well as the abundance of full-size products.  It's funny how the larger products can make us beauty bloggers so happy!!

I can't wait to try out all of these products -- besides the darker lip pencil, I think I'll be using everything pretty frequently!






Next up is the June Birchbox.  

Birchbox recently did a relaunch, changed their logo a bit, and seemed to be opening up in every country.  In my Birchbox, I got a travel-size Klorane Dry Shampoo, a mini Color Club Nail Polish in a beautiful neon coral color called Reign in Spain, a Mirenesse Glossy Kiss stick in Perfect Kiss, two samples of 100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream (Coconut & Vanilla Bean),  a Suki Skin Care Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, and some adorable postcards!







The only "full-size" product that was in this Birchbox was be the Glossy Kiss stick -- which was a pinky coral shade with some multi-colored shimmer, that can be used for the lips or the cheeks.  It's a great product since you can use it in multiple ways.  Definitely perfect to take in your purse on the go.

The lemongrass extract + natural sugar scent of that exfoliating cleanser smells divine!! So fresh!

I actually already tried out the dry shampoo.  The spray nozzle on the bottle is absolutely amazing.  It comes out with enough force and it has an even spray.

I can't wait to try that nail polish -- it's a much brighter shade than I normally go for, but I want to try the neon trend for sure!

My favorite item in the Birchbox would have to be the postcards!  There are postcards of New York, Paris, London, and Barcelona -- I'm assuming it's the four main offices that Birchbox now has. The graphic designer of the postcards is absolutely brilliant!  I can't wait to use them.

Overall, I was very happy with both the ipsy Glam Bag and the Birchbox this month...but I'd have to say the Glam Bag won me over in June!

xxx

Do you get any subscription boxes?

8 comments:

  1. Important note: The glitter cream from Ipsy is NOT safe for your eyes! It's actually just body glitter (how useless, I think) but other than that Ipsy this month looks awesome :) Great comparison!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the FYI, Zoe!! Those glitters look way too odd to put on the eyes!!

      <3

      Delete
  2. Are the glam bag and the birchbox the same price? Does one usually win out over the other? I love that the glam bag comes with its own pouch each time!

    detoxanddisarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! They're both $10/month....which isn't too bad since you get to try so many new things!

      Aah me too...it's so exciting to see the new pattern they choose every month.

      <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comparison! I ordered a Birchbox once and I wasn't very impressed so I canceled it. but I really like the items you received in your Glambag, I may have to give that one a try!

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading!! Aww....definitely understandable. I REALLY didn't like mine last month, but I stuck it out and was happy this month.

      You should!! It's definitely worth it :)

      Delete
  4. For my birthday I was given a subscription for Glossy Box and I love my first one, think they are so good. I did a blog on it, would love for you to check it out! Think we have quick similar blogs :)

    Katie xx
    http://katiesworld13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OoOOOOOOOH!!! I'm going to check it out right now!! A Glossy Box sounds amazing!!

      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete