Sunday, June 9, 2013

MAY FAVORITES






May was a great month for beauty!

I have been enjoying using the MAC Fix+ before and after applying my makeup for a fresh, non-cakey look.  It is a staple for every makeup lover -- and definitely worth the $21.

As for candles....I am loving the Bath & Body Works First Bloom scent.  I have both the candle and the hand cream....the floral scent is to die for.  It literally makes your entire room transform into a floral frenzy!

As for makeup, I think Spring/Summer is a great time to keep your makeup pretty simple -- and the Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette is perfect for everyday neutrals on the eye.  It comes with the best matte shades, and Venus is perfect for the highlight underneath your eyebrow.  The REVLON Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup is a lightweight, but medium-coverage foundation that is quite natural-looking.  If set with a powder like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, it will stay all day!

The MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle is light, yet shimmery to bring some brightness to your face.  It is a darker pink shade with a bit of silver shimmer.

As for the lips, I've been loving the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks....my two faves are Uptown Mauve and Hot Pink Rage.  The lipsticks are not only creamy and pigmented, but they smell amazing.  They are worth the $6 dollars.

Let me know if you like any of these products.....or what some of your favorites for May were!

May Favorites:
MAC Fix + $21
Bath & Body Works First Bloom Candle $20
Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette $27
REVLON Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in Nude $10.99
MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle $25
Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Uptown Mauve and Hot Pink Rage $5.49


11 comments:

  1. LOVE urban decay's naked palette. So beautiful!

    http://raincheckfortimbuktu.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect palette, right?! And Ah! I love your blog...following you now!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, you've got some nice stuff there! I haven't tried the Mac Fix+ yet but the more I hear aout it, the more I want to try it out. ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness -- the Fix+ is definitely worth trying! They have mini bottles of it for $10 (perfect for your purse)

      Delete
  3. 'Uptown Mauve' looks gorgeous - lovely May collection! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! It's a nice deep red/purple. Aww thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Great post, I just came across and it's very interesting. It would be amazing if you could visit my blog too.

    We could also follow each other if you would like to :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had Milani over here in England the lipsticks look gorgeous! I may also have to pick up that Mac blush! Love the blog, new follower xox

    beautifullyshallow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I wish it were available to you! All of their lipstick colors are amazing!
      Ahhhhhh and the whole MAC Mineralize line is gorgeous!

      Thank you...I'm happy to follow you as well!

      Delete
  6. I love the revlon whipped! Currently trying out the cover girl one but i think I still like the revlon one better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Awh.....good to know!! I was tempted to get that CG one too.

      Delete