Sunday, June 23, 2013

MUSTACHE LOVE


A few years back, I got this mustache case for my new iPhone.  I got it from Forever 21 and there was only one in the entire store!  A few months after I had the phone case, my friends and I threw a birthday party for my cousin on a Duffy Boat -- but it was a themed birthday party!  MUSTACHE THEME! We literally made mustache cookies, cupcakes with mustache fondant models on them, had mustache cups customized for every person attending the party (we used puffy paint to write their nickname on the cup, and drew a mustache that reminded us of them) so they could drink out of it during the boat ride.  


We had a mustache shot glass for the birthday boy, a mason jar that was labeled "My Stache" to collect birthday money, we had mustache straws for our cups, and to top it all off we had mustache stickers to put on our faces! (Girls too haha)


Ever since that party, I started to see mustaches everywhere.  Stores started stocking I <3 Mustache shirts, there were many more phone cases to choose from, and they even re-stocked the same mustache iPhone case at Forever 21 that I had originally gotten a couple of years ago!































My friends now know me as a mustache lover.  Every time they see something with a mustache on it, they buy it for me.

For my birthday in May, one of my best friends got me this adorable mint colored mustache flask!  Isn't that the cutest idea?! It looks like I have a mustache when I drink out of it! 


She also got me mustache push pins, and a mustache keychain that speaks!! My other best friend got me these furrrrry mustaches to put on.....hopefully for our next party.


xx


Yay for mustache love!  

Are there any trends like this where you live?

Follow me on Bloglovin <3


19 comments:

  1. Haha, this mustache icon is just so cute! :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha omg that sounds like such a fun party!
    great post!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh and it was!! It's always much more fun to have a themed party!

      Delete
  3. I love cartoon moustaches :) However, I'm not so keen of them on men :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahhahaha totally agree! Except some men do look better with some scruff ;)

      Delete
  4. I was so annoyed by the mustache trend when it first came out. But now? I'm totally convinced that they're probably the cutest things ever! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ah I'm so glad you've converted! Haha....but I'm sure we'll all be sick of them eventually

      Delete
  5. Me and my mum where watching TV and on a show they had mustache straws, so as a surprise I ordered some off Amazon and she loved them. Even time we have cocktails or people over they always come out :P

    Katie xx

    http://katiesworld13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY!!! Yayyyy that is so fun! Adds a cute little touch!
      <3

      Delete
  6. My fave jumper has a mustache on it! They're so cute & quirky! Great post!

    Kelly x

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! I love it and I haven't even seen it!
      Thank you! Nice name :) Haha

      Delete
  7. The iPhone case and the flask are adorable! xx

    http://jasminecara.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it was a great party! I'm in love with the mustache trend too!

    bluegem14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was!!
      Aww yay twins!

      Delete
  9. too cute! and thank you for commenting on my recent blog post. & followed you on Bloglovin' (10th follower). if you like my blog, please feel free to follow back. would greatly appreciate it. and looking forward to your next update, happy monday!

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thank you...and I followed you today!!

      Delete
  10. LOVE the iPhone case, and what cute pushpins!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete