Tuesday, July 2, 2013

FAVORITE SETTING SPRAYS

I am a big believer in makeup setting sprays.  If you ask me, they are one of the most important steps in your beauty routine.  Not only do they get your face ready for makeup, set your foundation, eyeshadow, etc.....BUT they also give such a beautiful finish to your face.





My first favorite setting spray is the MAC Fix+.  This 3.4 ounce bottle is $21 at MAC. You can also get a mini bottle for your purse for only $10.  This spray is absolutely worth the money.  Not only does it spray out the finest mist, but it smells great and leaves the perfect finish to your makeup.  I even think it adds the smallest...the tiniest amount of shimmer to your face to help make it look alive.  It makes my makeup stay all day long.  The product is simple -- it sets your makeup and is even great to spray onto your brush before applying eyeshadows to get a different bolder effect.  I highly, highly recommend this product for everyone.  It is a must-have!



My other favorite setting spray is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rose Water.  This spray is about $7 for a 4 ounce bottle, or $12 for an 8 ounce bottle on their website.  I first heard about this spray from watching Jaclyn Hill YouTube videos.  She swears by this brand (that is saying a lot coming from someone like her, who used to work at MAC).  This spray is perfect for getting that added moisture throughout the day.  I keep my 4 ounce bottle in my purse.  It's lightweight, smells like roses *yum* and prevents your makeup from looking too cakey and dry.  I love having both of these sprays...the Fix+ for setting the makeup, and the Mario Badescu spray for getting that dewey face throughout the day. When you use things like the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, it can sometimes leave your face looking powder-y...so finishing it off with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray helps!

xx

I'm very interested in trying the Urban Decay setting spray.  Are there any that you recommend?



Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, leave me a comment or a tweet letting me know...so I can follow you back :)


24 comments:

  1. I don't actually use a setting spray very often.. I often forget it when I'm getting ready in the morning and I really should use it more often! I have been wanting to try the Mac one, it's been on my wishlist for aaaages.
    Great post! :)
    xx nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you should try it. I think the MAC Fix+ is the perfect one to start out with. It's definitely worth it!

      Thank you <3

      Delete
  2. I do love facial sprays... The mac one has long been on my wishing list :p

    Olivia xxx
    Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried a setting spray... I've been eyeing the Urban Decay de-slick and the MAC Fix+ for ages.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're life changing! Ooh I'll have to add that UD one to my wish list!

      Delete
  4. I use a powder to set my makeup, however maybe a makeup setting spray will help my makeup to stay even longer! Mario Badescu is such a well loved brand, however I haven't found there products to work that well on me. There famous drying lotion helps my blemishes but takes a while to work, and it stings. :(

    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the All Nighter UD setting spray! I think its better than the oil control for keeping makeup in place!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to check that one out....thank you for the tip!!

      Delete
  6. I'm fairly new to setting sprays but I've been using the UD all nighter and I quite love it! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried a setting spray before but this will be the 2nd post I've read in a week's time singing it's praises. I might have to try it out.
    I can see why you have both, it's a hard choice between the two brands - I love them both. ;)
    Thanks for the recommendations!

    xx
    Candida
    Merch Maven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sign!! Haha...one day, you'll have to try one. There's always the mini bottles!

      Delete
  8. I've never owned a setting spray before, but the mac one sounds really nice! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...and it is!! It's a great investment and it feels so nice on the skin.

      Delete
  9. I have only ever used the Urban Decay De Slick which helps keep my skin matte throughout the day. I would be interested to try Mac Fix +.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds divine...I love it when the spray leaves you matte....I hate being oily in the afternoon.

      Yes!! It's amazingggg

      Delete
  10. I have the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray. I haven't used it as of yet. I keep meaning to. But I also keep forgetting it. Probably because it's tucked away and out of sight.

    Carol | Bitten Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness it looks like I need the Urban Decay De-Slick!
      Hahaha you'll have to let me know how amazing it is...once you bring it out :)

      Delete
  11. I've never used setting spray, but I've seen that Mac one everywhere! Since summer is coming up, I definitely want to start using it because by the end of the day I feel like my makeup is gone since it's so hot out. This is a really great informative post and makes me want to go buy the Mac spray right now! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Just started following on BL. Hope you can follow back so we can stay connected : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product...no wonder!
      Thank YOU!! Yes, I just did!

      Delete
  12. I swear by the Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray. It really makes your make up last all day. I've even had my make up last through cooking a barbeque when it was over 40 degrees Celsius outside! I'd like to try the MAC and the Urban Decay ones though, to compare. Thanks for sharing this post : D
    sparkle2day.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need a setting spray! We're having a crazy heatwave over here in the UK and i'm melting! I'm a pale chick at heart! (And lets just say that in this weather, my eyebrows move)
    Thanks for the review Sugar, I'm going to get my hands on the MAC one!

    -Jade x
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review - makes me want to buy the Mac Fix+

    Christina ♥

    ReplyDelete