Sunday, July 21, 2013

JULY IPSY GLAM BAG



























It's that time again!!! Getting a little package in the mail every month is such a treat!! I was very impressed with the contents of my Glam Bag this month......let me show you what I got!!

As you can see, the items came in a bright neon pink clean tube-shaped bag.  It's definitely not my favorite looking bag, but it's very appropriate for the Summer! 


























The first item I noticed was the BH Cosmetics "California Collection" eyeshadow palette trio.  The purple shade is from the 'BH Hollywood' palette, the bronze/taupe shade is from the 'BH San Francisco' palette, and the yellow gold shade is from the 'BH Malibu' palette.  They were so tricky!! They gave us a shade from three different palettes -- a pretty smart marketing scheme...since if we like a color, we'll obviously want to buy the whole palette it comes in.

I am a huge fan of purple eyeshadow on brown eyes, but from the swatch, the purple shade seemed to be a bit light in color-payoff. The San Francisco shade seems more of my style -- a shimmery neutral color.  You can never go wrong with neutrals!! I can't wait to try out all three of these!



























The other four items included in the Glam Bag were:

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
First of all...this spray bottle is HUGE!!  This product alone makes this $10/month ipsy subscription worth it.  I am always willing to try out beach sprays, even though my hair is straight (thanks to being half Japanese....thanks, mom).  I couldn't wait and have used this beach spray twice in the past week.  It smells like the beach.  There's no question about that.  I noticed that it actually did add a lot of texture and spunk to my hair.  What a great sample product!

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt
Lip products are my love! And easy crayons like this make life so much easier! This Fuchsia Flirt shade is actually more of a baby pink shade when I applied it to my lips....not so much fuchsia.  It has a twist-up bottom, so you don't have to worry about bringing a pencil sharpener in your purse.  So convenient!  The crayon applies extremely smooth and is even shiny!


Benefit Benetint
Let's all just take a moment of silence for this Benetint.  
...
.....
........
Okay.  I have been wanting to purchase Benetint for YEARS! For some reason, every time I walk into ULTA or Sephora, I HAVE to try on Benetint....and yet I have never purchased it.  Crazy, right?! Anyways, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...O excited that this teeny tiny bottle of Benetint was in my bag this month.  I practically squealed when I saw it! Benetint can be used on your cheeks as a blush, or on your lips as a very light lip stain.  It has such a beautiful and yummy rose smell to it.  It is to die for.  It is worth all of the hype.  I will be using it for my lips -- not so much for my cheeks -- for just a natural looking pink tint.  Thank you, ipsy!!!


COOLA Mineral Sunscreen Tinted Moisturizer
This is the only product that I wasn't very excited about.  I've heard of the COOLA brand before, because I've received a mini bottle of sunscreen in a previous box.  This, however, is a tinted moisturizer.  More intriguing, but just not as exciting.  It claim to be 20 SPF and have environmental protection (whatever that means).  Small samples like this are just not my cup of tea, but that won't stop me from trying it :) You never know....it could be amazing!


xx


I hope you enjoyed seeing the contents of my July Glam Bag! 

Do any of you have this same subscription?! Did you get the same items as me?!


<3 Kelly







26 comments:

  1. Wow this is probably one of the best I've seen! Great post:-) x
    http://www.trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I must have gotten lucky!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I really really want to try Benetint as well :) You can't beat Benefit!

    Nikki
    thelunarlights.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT! It's pretty great so far!

      Delete
  3. I want to try the Healthy Sexy Hair!! I've never seen it before! but seems a good product!


    dreamouutloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither!! But it's fun to try out!

      Delete
  4. Love the photos! That eyeshadow looks amazing

    Following you x

    www.fairysbeautychest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Hahaha it is! I wish I had all of the palettes!

      Delete
  5. that eye shadow palette looks great, I really like the colours! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bright eye shadows. Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.fashboulevard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucked out with this box! There's some great products in there! I too have been wanting to buy Benetint for quite sometime :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! The subscription boxes pay off, sometimes!!
      Ahhhhhhh it's awesome so far!! I hope you get it! One day...haha

      Delete
  8. I need to try those pretty eyeshadows!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am crazy about the beach spray. It gives some amazing volume and you're right. It really does smell like the beach. Thanks for sharing!

    Hannah from I am a lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay!! Ugh and I LOVE that smell!!
      Glad you like it!

      Delete
  10. Great products and reviews! I think I need to sign up this, only $10 a month?! That's a lot of product for so little.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you!! Yes...do it!! Only $10/month!! Ipsy is great!

      Delete
  11. This seems like a great box! I'm also not a huge fan of the pink bag, but the products inside look awesome :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I was quite bummed about it, but oh well!!! The products are worth it :)

      Delete
  12. thanks for the post! Ever since I unsubbed from ipsy, i still like to read about what other people got! Looks like a pretty decent month (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I'd say so :))
      So glad you also have the glam bag!

      Delete