Wednesday, July 10, 2013

PRODUCT EMPTIES PART 1



As you can see...I've been saving my empty beauty products for quite some time. I actually was saving them until I purchased a nice dSLR camera, so I could take nice pictures for my blog.  Can we say #bbloggerproblems 

I had so many products saved up that I thought I'd split my empties into three parts! Bare with me here.

Oh, and P.S. Who else watched the Men's Finals of Wimbeldon?! What an exciting game!!  I'm so glad Murray won...and in only three sets!  I had goosebumps on that last game -- cheers to all of the UK bloggers reading this :)







Suave Dry Shampoo Spray
Hands down...this is my favorite dry shampoo to use.  I only discovered dry shampoo and its amazingness about two years ago, and I haven't been able to stop buying bottles of this spray since!  Dry Shampoo is a powdery spray for those days when you don't have time to take a shower in the morning.  It's great for getting rid of the greasy look in your hair that sometimes occurs on second-day or third-day hair.  It's also great to spray into clean hair.  If you're like me and have straight hair, it gives it that extra volume and boost, so your hair isn't lying flat and heavily weighed down.  I just spray the Dry Shampoo towards my roots, and then brush my fingers through the hair, so it doesn't leave a white powdery finish. Warning: Don't spray too much...because you can end up with too much powder on your roots.  You don't want to look like an old lady! Hahaha.  The Suave Dry Shampoo even has a great scent to it! Not only that, but it is extremely affordable...and a definite repurchase!

You can purchase it for about $3


MAC Lipstick in Matte Viva Glam 1
Don't kill me now...but this is the one and only MAC lipstick I own have owned.  This was actually the very first lipstick I remember buying.  It is a matte finish, and Viva Glam 1 is a darker red shade.  This lipstick really showed me how the quality of MAC products is like no other.  It can be applied either straight to your lips for a darker, more pigmented finish.  But it can also be applied with a lip pencil brush for a lighter, more precise finish.  I think this shade is the perfect go-to dark red lipstick.  It's a classy color and looks wonderful with a black winged eyeliner for a night out. I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat!

You can purchase it for $15

Juicy Couture Original Perfume
I don't go through more expensive perfume bottles very often...so I REALLY wanted to share this empty with you ladies.  This is the original Juicy Couture scent and is described as having notes of watermelon, green apple, rose, vanilla, and passion fruit. It's on the lighter end, as opposed to the more muskier scents.  And let's all take a moment to admire that bottle.......isn't it gorgeous?! The packaging alone would sell me to buy this perfume again!  The only downside to this perfume is that it does not last me the entire day.  The best solution to that is putting the Juicy Couture Original Lotion on first, then spraying the perfume on top.  Having the lotion underneath with the perfume on top almost locks in the beautiful light scent, making it last much longer.  I'd highly recommend this perfume as a gift for birthdays or bridal showers, as it is quite feminine. I would repurchase this perfume, but I have too many on my wish list!

You can find it for around $70


xx

Have you tried any of these products? How do you like them?



<3 Kelly






36 comments:

  1. I have an 'It's a 10' hair protector spray and I love it! Such a shame we can't get it here. So funny how you mentioned Murray, glad you enjoyed it! Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh do you?!! Hahaha I was so excited watching it :)

      Delete
  2. Love It's A 10! One of my favorite product lines of all time. Great empties!
    xx http://enzaessentials.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lush range of products, right?!

      Delete
  3. i have tried none of these products. i may give the dry shampoo a go even though i wash my hair every night. i have very flat limp hair, any help with volume is good in my book ^^

    xoxo
    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww then you're missing out!! Ooh you'll love it...it's great on clean hair :) It gives some extra oomph!

      Delete
  4. I was so happy for Andy too! great post:-)

    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the rest of your empties! I always mean to save my empties. But I always forget to. Great post!

    Carol | Bitten Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Hope you liked them!
      Haha start keeping a little box somewhere for them

      Delete
  6. Have you tried the John Frieda dry shampoo? It's my personal favorite! I have wavy textured hair, so maybe thats why, but the suave never worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't!! But it looks like I should!
      Bummer about the Suave one not working for you though :/

      Delete
  7. I really want to try mac lipstick!!
    good post, looking forward to some more of these in the future :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Do it! Their products are very good quality!
      Yayyyy!

      Delete
  8. I'm excited to see what you thought of the it's a 10 product, I have been tempted to give some of their stuff a try but it's a bit pricey. I love my Aussie 3-min. miracle!

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Me too!! I hope you liked the rest of my series :)

      Delete
  9. Great empties! I love the Suave Keratin Infusion dry shampoo :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I need to try that one with the Keratin :))
      Thanks for the fyi!

      Delete
  10. I love the Mac lipstick! Such a pretty color!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post! i love using my dry shampoo to give volume and the batiste ones smell good too! i don't think we can get this brand in the UK though :(

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you?! Ooh I just bought the batiste one yesterday!!!!
      Awwwww what a bummer!

      Delete
  12. I'm so happy Murray won too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHAT, that suave dry shampoo is only $3?! thank god i found your blog, i am over the moon with this suave discovery, haha. I kept buying mine for like $7. Hello savings!

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMAZING, right?! Hahahhaa oh man! You need to get yours for cheaper!!

      Delete
  14. I find that I've been opting for rollerball perfumes instead since I find it literally impossible to finish a bottle. Good job on finishing a bottle of perfume!

    -Susan (boxofsusan.blogspot.ca)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you!! Quite an accomplishment!
      I do love those rollerball ones though :)

      Delete
  15. I love the macadamia hair mask, it makes my hair so soft. I agree the juicy couture perfume smells so good, but doesn't last that long throughout the day, which is why I ran out of mine too!

    Loved this post, have a nice day :)

    xoxo, Aman | coffee chic twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So creamy and hydrating, right?!
      Mmmmm it does! Shoot...we need to tell Juicy they need to get on it!
      Thank you, Aman!

      Delete
  16. I love these types of posts, it's so informative and allows me to get a strong idea of what i want to buy, keep it up! I love your blog.

    http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/betrousse-glitz-and-glamour-beauty-box.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! That is quite the compliment :)

      Delete
  17. My boyfriend bought me that MAC lipstick for Christmas last year and found it was the prefect winter red! I don't wear it much through summer as I love my bright lipsticks but I know when Winter comes round again this will return as my favourite lipstick! MAC lipsticks really are lovely :)

    Katie xx
    http://katiesworld13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did he really?!! Yeah...I agree -- it's perfect for the Fall/Winter :)

      So glad you have it too! But I'm so bummed that mine is empty :(((

      Delete
  18. I looooove MAC lipsticks... Viva Glam I has been on my wish list for quite some time! :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has it really?!!! It's such a staple of a color :)

      Delete