Thursday, July 11, 2013

PRODUCT EMPTIES PART 2


Welcome to Part 2 of my empties!!  These are three of the skin-care products I used up in the last couple of months.  I was extremely happy with all three of these products!

Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion
This cleansing lotion hands down was my savior! I have never seen such a difference after using a product until I began using this cleansing lotion.  This cleansing lotion is used as a toner.  It does not have a strong alcohol scent.  Instead, it smells like cucumbers and there are even little pieces of cucumber floating in the bottle. The toner itself is very gentle on the skin.  I usually apply some to a cotton round or an exfoliating cotton round, and wipe my face in outward motions.  I will use this every morning and night after removing my makeup, and before moisturizing my face.  AFter using this toner for a couple of weeks, the pores on my face were minimized in a huge way! I am so happy with the results from this lotion that I have already repurchased it.  I highly recommend this for those of you that have sensitive skin, as it is not a strong formula, but it does the trick!

An 8 ounce bottle costs $15


Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner
Well that was a long name! I have had this toner in my collection for years -- I don't even remember when I purchased it, it's that old.  I believe it was during high school, so around 8/9 years ago.  This toner is a much stronger formula.  I would apply this toner just as I would the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion.  However, the Neutrogena toner is much stronger, giving off a strong alcohol smell.  It is supposed to help with treating acne caused by stress.  Surprisingly, I got used to the strong smell and really loved this toner when I used the last quarter of the bottle.  It did not transform my skin, but I have no complaints.  The product lives up to its "oil-free" claim, as it did not leave my skin oily at all.  I would repurchase, but I want to try out other brands as well.

An 8 ounce bottle costs about $8


JOSIE MARAN Argan Oil
If you haven't heard of Argan Oil yet, you are missing out.  Not only is Argan Oil great for your skin, it's also great for your hair, your nails, ... basically everything!  I used this argan oil as my night-time moisturizer for my face.  I personally have combination skin -- I definitely get oily in the T zone.  BUT don't be afraid to use oil on your face when you are oily.  My skin soaked up this argan oil like no other! It does not leave your face greasy at all, so it won't get on your pillows either.  The oil is also great to use on your hair -- I like to use a bit of it on the ends of my hair, to help prevent split and dry ends.  Another way I used this oil was all over my cuticles for my nails.  And last but not least, I used this oil all over my body as a lotion..especially on the dry areas like my knees and elbows.  This Argan Oil is so hydrating and smooth when applied.  I highly highly recommend trying it.  I have actually gone through three of these little bottles already, so it's safe to say it's a repurchase!  If you love it, I'd suggest buying the larger bottle, as it is a bit cheaper per ounce.

A 0.5 ounce bottle costs $14


xx

Have you tried any of the Mario Badescu or Josie Maran products? Or maybe the Neutrogena toner? Let me know how you liked them!

Part 3 of my empties will be coming up soon :)

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter




22 comments:

  1. I really want to try the argon oil :)

    xoxo, Aman | coffee chic twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh!! Do it! It's a great multi-use product!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of these but I was curious about the toner. I was tempted to buy it but I think it might be a bit too strong for my sensitive skin. It's a pain having sensitive skin haha.

    Carol | Bitten Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're missing out!! Yeah....then the Mario Badescu toner might be a better choice than the Neutrogena one :)

      Delete
  3. I love that argan oil, it's amazing! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  4. The neutrogena toner is amazing. It really did wonders for my skin although I did find it a bit agressive, if that makes any sense. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

    Hannah from I am a lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww did it really?! Yeah....I agree -- aggressive is the perfect word to describe it!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I think I never tried neutrogena or maybe I did but I don't remember haha, but everytime I have acne problems, I use Clean&Clear! it's quite good :)

    dreamouutloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha maybe :)
      Aww I need to try their line!

      Delete
  6. I wanted to try that Mario Badescu toner but I accidentally got the Special Cucumber Cleansing Lotion... it's a bit too harsh :(


    ♥ Sarah | Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoot!! I hate when that happens :((((((((

      Delete
  7. Your "empties" post makes me realize just how many products that i have left unused. I should really try to finish them off instead of letting them go to waste! I'm glad that you are making the most of your beauty buys.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah it's hard to try and go through a whole product. And it's so easy to buy more and more new ones haha :)

      I'm trying!

      Delete
  8. I have the same Neutrogena toner and I love it!
    I heard so mcuh good things about the Josie Maran, I really want to try it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you?!?!! Awesome!!
      Ahhhhh it's worth it! A bit expensive, but worth it!

      Delete
  9. I really love using argan oil, but the josie maran is so pricey that I've recently switched to no name brand argan oil that you can get at any organic /health food store. Love using it on my hair and cuticles too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! Aww that's a great idea! I'm sure it works just as good!!
      Me too!!! :)

      Delete
  10. Ooooo i really need to get me some of that oil! I'm still only at the hair oil stage, Face oil confuses my brain!
    Great post Sweetness.
    x
    -Jade
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do!!!!! It's amazing once you try it!!

      Delete