Thursday, July 4, 2013

SCHOONER OR LATER

First of all...
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!

One of my absolute favorite restaurants is called Schooner or Later.  It was even featured on the Food Network's Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri.  I went there last Friday AND Saturday (yes...I love it that much) for brunch with my two sisters, brother-in-law, and niece...and it didn't disappoint.  Most people go there for the Bloody Mary's, Mimosas, schooners of beer, and outdoor seating with an amazing view.  You usually have to wait for about an hour on the weekends before getting seated (but that's when the Bloody Mary's and Mimosas come in).  They also have great coffee....my love. 

One of their famous dishes is "The Mess."  I get it almost every single time.  You can even get the "Half Mess" if you're not feeling starving.  The Mess is described on their website as "This world famous, local tradition is a tasty blend of chopped ham, onion, and bell pepper grilled with hash browns and eggs.  Topped with melted Cheddar cheese. Served with sourdough toast."  You can even top your Mess with Chili, Avocado, or Sour Cream.  I recommend topping it with chili!  Their salsa is amazzzzzzing and goes great with The Mess.  They have other things on their menu, but if you go there, go for The Mess!

Here are a few of the pictures from our amazing brunch at Schooner!


The beautiful view.  We lucked out -- it was a perfectly sunny day!



Delicious cappuccino & coffee


My other sister's Schooner of Sierra Nevada Mmmmm

My niece....and the beer.  It's huge, right?!

My sister's Eggs Benedict

"The Mess" with Chili



Me and my beautiful niece! Poor thing had sunscreen in her right eye...but she still looked beautiful

xx

Have you ever gone to a restaurant just because it's been on the Food Network?! ......and was it worth it?!



If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, please let me know that you read my blog...so I can follow you back :)


<3 Kelly



28 comments:

  1. ahh diner's drive-ins and dives always makes my mouth water and the food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it?! Every time I watch the Food Network, I think I drool! Hahaha

      Delete
  2. Your little niece is adorable! I hope you all had a great 4th at Schooner or Later!
    Cheers, Bethann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! She is my one and only niece...and she's the cutest!
      Thank you...hope you had a great 4th as well :)

      Delete
  3. 'The Mess' looks tasty, wouldn't mind trying it out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy cow it is to die for! Especially if you are a foodie.
      It's even great the next day warmed up :)

      Delete
  4. This place sounds awesome!!! And I have definitely been to a few places just because I saw them on tv and they have all been amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They never disappoint, right?! This place is worth going to for sure!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for coming by my blog! I love visiting special restaurants like this, and being a marketing major, I'm especially a sucker for a fun name! The Mess sounds pretty fantastic! Looks like it really was a beautiful day. That beer is as big as your niece's face! Ha! They are too cute.


    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I was happy to! Cheers to being a Business Major -- I commend you for being in Marketing..I know it's a tough one! Ahhhhh The Mess is SO GOOD.

      Hahaha the beer was totally bigger than her! It probably weighed more than her too!
      Thank you :))

      Delete
  6. These pictures are so perfect! And that food looks scrumptious!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh thank you!! It was....it went quickly!

      Delete
  7. really nice pictures, love your hat!!
    Xo
    L

    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! Haha thank you..it was from a swap meet in San Diego, CA :)

      Delete
  8. Your niece is soooo beautiful! Looks like such an amazing day, and the food looks... just wow! :D xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww you are too sweet...thank you!
      UMMM the food was amazing

      Delete
  9. Your niece were so cute! The foods looks delicious. I want to try them out :)
    By the way you can visit my blog and join my giveaway to win fab sunglasses from firmoo. I hope you join. Thank you!

    xoxo,
    SHERLAINE
    .never settle for less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! I think so too :))
      UGH the food was amazing........so worth the wait!

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh, your blog is so cute. This place looks absolutely amazing, what gorgeous photos!! You're beautiful by the way, just seen your picture on the side haha :) wish i looked like you!

    Have a lovely day.

    Emily x

    http://emiliciastyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you...your comment just made my day! You are so sweet...and my goodness YOU are gorgeous!!

      Happy Thursday <3 Thank you again for your kind comment.

      Delete
  11. Food looks amazing!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture of you and your niece is sooooo beautiful i cant take it! Oh wow, breathtaking!
    That place looks awesome and now you've made me super hungry!!!

    -Jade x
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness thank youuuuu!!!
      Haha every food post makes me practically drool...I feel your pain! Haha

      Delete
  13. P.S HAPPY (late) 4th OF JULY!! Hope you had the loveliest of days!

    ReplyDelete