Saturday, January 25, 2014

BENEFIT TINTS



























After many trips to the mall in December....and far too many trips to Sephora, I couldn't help myself from purchasing this mini set from Benefit Cosmetics.  Those items in the checkout line get me every time!  That is some strategic placement from the marketing staff at Sephora.  

The Sephora Exclusive package includes mini versions of the posie tint, sun beam, and cha cha tint!  I have only tried out one of Benefit's tint items: Benetint --- and I love it.  So I thought I couldn't go wrong adding a few more products to my makeup collection.






The first item, posietint, is described as a "poppy-pink tinted lip & cheek stain."  As you can see in the swatch, it is a very bright Barbie pink.  The shade reminds me of the e.l.f. Blush in Pink Passion.  As you can see in the swatch, it goes on very translucent, which is great.  You don't want to look like a five year old when you are heading to an office job! The posietint was my favorite of the three in the box.  It's more wearable than the cha cha tint...and it's not as deep of a pink/red like benetint.


Sun Beam is described as a "golden bronze highlighter."  It is such a beautiful bronzy gold highlighter.  I mean...look at that swatch! It has such a bright, even shimmer.  Although I love the swatch, I found that Sun Beam was extremely difficult to wear.  I normally stick to powder highlighters like Mac's Soft & Gentle or highlighter sticks like Benefit's Watt's Up.  However....Sun Beam is a liquid highlighter.  That was quite a problem.  Because I don't have silky smooth skin, I felt as though using this liquid highlighter did not look good with the rest of my makeup.  

All three of these products can be applied with the nail polish-esque brush that comes with each.  Painting on a highlighter above my cheek bone was easy...but when I tried to blend it in to my makeup, it just became splotchy and it was not pretty to look at. Thumbs down.

Cha Cha Tint is described as a "mango tinted lip & cheek stain."  I am not the biggest fan of orange shades on my face, but I figured why not.  After applying the Cha Cha Tint on my lips, I quickly decided that I have been right all along.  Orange is not my color haha.  I'm sure it would look great on people with darker skin tones, but unfortunately I am quite pale (thanks to my Irish dad haha).

I hope you enjoyed these mini reviews....let me know if you have tried any of these Benefit products!

<3 Kelly

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I have all 3 of these and love them! Sun beam looks really nice mixed in with a bit of foundation in the summer for a nice glow :)
    & I know what you mean about those little bits in the queue ahah I always end up grabbing something extra!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,

    What a pretty trio! I think Sun Beam is such a striking shade:)

    ReplyDelete