Saturday, January 25, 2014

IMATS LA 2014

Last Saturday, I drove to the Pasadena Convention Center to IMATS Los Angeles.  I have never been to IMATS before, and because I watch so many Youtube gurus and have a slight addiction to buying makeup, I figured I should go!

I must say...the lines were super long and the convention was a lot smaller than I expected.  However, it was amazing to be surrounded by makeup lovers and Youtube celebrities!  I only made a few purchases and then left -- because the lines were THAT long.  The ticket for 1-day cost $50 which was a bit much for not getting a goody bag, and not having a lot of booths to choose from.  The perk of going to IMATS was being able to see Youtubers shopping around, and getting the discounted IMATS prices.

I was able to make some purchases from Sigma Beauty, NYX Cosmetics, and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.  (I waited in line for my Sigma purchases for an hour!)

I was able to see Meghan Rosette, ThatsHeart, Lauren Elizabeth, BeyondBeautyStar, Nicole Guerrero, Jaclyn Hill, Eleventh Gorgeous, LollyDolly128,  Tealaxx2, Missglamourazzi, MakeupByTiffanyD, and many more! There were a few makeup demonstrations going on...including a lady who became a tree! They were quite extreme...but so fun to look at!

Here are a few pics I was able to capture during my experience at IMATS LA.

...Enjoy!








   




 


























......and here were my purchases































I bought....

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Pretty Boy
NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Hunk (already a favorite)
NYX Cosmetics HD Photogenic Concealer
NYX Cosmetics Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Watermelon Cooler & Berry Mojito (not sold online yet)
NYX Cosmetics Nude Matte Shadow in Haywire
Sigma Beauty F05 Small Contour Brush
Sigma Beauty F25 Tapered Face Brush
Sigma Beauty F82 Round Kabuki Brush


Happy Saturday!

<3 Kelly

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. love your purchases, esp. the lip products. and the event looks insane, i would have no idea what to do there or where to start, so many MU products :0
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The U.S IMATS looks so much fun, I would love to shop around all the youtube celebs. You got some lovely products :)
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it would be fun. I've never been to it because I'm not much of a beauty lover and don't think I would like the long lines either.

    --V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great event! There cosmetics are amazing!lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'd love to attend the next IMATS show. Thanks for posting to let us know a bit about what it was like on the inside. I hope the Sigma products were discounted since you had to stand in line so long!! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete