Tuesday, January 21, 2014

THE CREMA CAFE





























Hi. My name is Kelly and I love coffee.
Admitting it is the first step, right?

I have always loved coffee.  Seriously.  When my sisters and I were little (like 6 years old little), we would be allowed to have the tiniest cup of coffee whenever we went to our grandparents' house for dinner.  That's when it all began.

I have had my share of coffee drinks throughout the year, the people at Starbucks know my name, and I have seen hundreds of beautiful photos of espresso drinks on Youtube, Instagram, tumblr, and a zillion blogs...BUT I sadly have never gotten one of those "pretty coffee drinks" before.  

Ordering a coffee drink with a fancy design in the foam has always been in my dreams, but never in my reality.  So I decided to change all of that! Thanks to the Internet and peoples' (my) obsession with taking pictures of food and drinks, I was able to find a few places near me that made their coffee the fancy way.

My dad and I decided to venture out to Crema Cafe on Main Street in Seal Beach one Sunday morning.





























The Crema Cafe has a great location on the Main Street, although it is quite hidden.  You can go to the Crema Cafe to order quick items to go, but if you eat there, you can sit either indoor or outdoor! I always love being able to sit outside when it's nice and sunny out, because people watching is my favorite.

For my first-ever fancy coffee drink, I ordered a Caramel Macchiato...Starbucks style.  And let me tell you...it did not disappoint! 





























Look at it!! It's beautiful, right?! It was not only beautifully-made, but it tasted magnificent.  Because my body is so used to coffee, the caffeine it doesn't tend to affect me much at all.  Every once in a while, I will get jittery after having an espresso drink.  THIS WAS ONE OF THOSE TIMES.  I was buzzing around all day and it was all thanks to that Caramel Macchiato! It wasn't too bitter, but wasn't too sweet.  It was perfect.






























Of course I have to talk about the food.....
The bacon and potatoes were by far the best items that my dad and I ordered.  Their potato side-dish was to die for.  It consisted of simply some quartered red potatoes with thinly sliced onions......and the perfect amount of salt and pepper.  Their bacon was definitely a thick-cut sliced bacon, but it was a dream and a must-try.









I ordered a Make-Your-Own omelette, which was okay.  The omelette was a little too watery for my taste (I like my eggs scrambled and very dry).  The Crema Cafe had such an extensive breakfast menu that an "okay omelette" is definitely not going to stop me from visiting the restaurant again.  

The Caramel Macchiato stayed beautiful until the very last drop! I had to snap a picture of the perfect drink.








I would highly recommend any coffee lover...or breakfast lover to check out Crema Cafe in Seal Beach, California!

<3 Kelly

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
























2 comments:

  1. I worked at a fancy cafe when I was in college, and we all had to learn how to do latte art... so when I was bored at work, I would draw all these crazy things like ships, jack-o-lanterns, and even a skull and crossbones once :)

    x. jill
    beck daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I'm coming over to California in June and doing San Fran, LA and San Diego so if you have any recommendations then it would be great to hear them! xx

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete