Saturday, March 29, 2014

FAVORITE STATEMENT NECKLACES | SPRING 2014



Statement necklaces.
Everybody's wearing them.
They are like so fetch.

<insert Mean Girls gif here haha>

I can't help but pick up statement necklaces in the stores.  They seem to be everywhere and on everyone...and for good reason! They always bring an unexpected pop of glam.  It's a simple way to brighten up an outfit or dress it up for a night out.

One of my favorite pieces is this turquoise + gold statement necklace from Nordstrom.  It was about $24 and worth every penny.  Turquoise brings such a beautiful color for jewelry in my opinion. I seem to always accessorize with turquoise mainly because I tend to wear a lot of black.  It is a great complimentary color.

This one in particular has gold-rimmed teardrop-shaped turquoise details.  The turquoise has a cracked pattern, adding some extra detail.  It is not only beautiful to look at, but perfect to wear.  I thought that $24 was a bit much to spend on one piece, but this necklace is such good quality that it is worth it!



My other favorite statement necklace is this black and gold one from Forever 21.  I actually purchased this one about a year ago.  It has about a dozen different black teardrop shapes inter-connected.  Each black piece has a geometric pattern that is raised.  This necklace is especially great to dress up a little black dress, along with multiple black and gold midi rings.  I continually grab for this beautiful piece to add some shine to my outfits.  

If you're experimenting with a statement necklace for the first time, I'd definitely recommend this one, or a similar black/gold one. Black and gold will always be classy and stylish.

Forever 21 is always a good place to look for statement necklaces.  This black one in particular was also available in a bright coral and a teal.  They are inexpensive, and can be used oh so many ways.

xoxo
<3 Kelly

Twitter | Instagram


1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I want them both! I'm not usually a turquoise fan, but the gold is just perfect against it. And I need the Forever 21 necklace like, Right. Now.

    ReplyDelete